Tuesday, August 21, 2012

All my mothers

When I was a kid, a small girl. Can't been more then 7, I had three mothers. 
One, my mother
second, my god mother
third, a woman that was a family friend. 

Sometimes I just couldn't decide which one of them that I loved the most. I have this really strong memory, it was when my youngest sister got baptist. 
For one second I was in the arms of mother, but then I remembered the god mother and had to run to her, and then the other woman was there and needed to run to her. 
And like that I kept going on, as I felt an equally strong love to them all. 

The third woman moved to Africa, and I remembered that my biggest wish was to go and visit them. always looked forward for their visits, as I finally would meet her again. 
And while they still lived in Sweden I just sometimes joined them, to their home, as I wanted to be with her. 
Some of the gifts, I still have with me, standing in the window. 

The second one, she always came and saw me on my birthday, or gave me a gift. 
We went to mass, and she went there as well. When we where old enough, my parents asked us all if we wanted to continue to join for the mass, or if we wanted to stay home. 
I always came, but only to see her. It was a comfort to have her close. 
Was always happy when she came ans saw us. 


When I was 13 the second mother died. I went to the funeral all alone. And I will never forget that, one one at all to be comfort from. No one of the people there, asking who I was, what I did there and how I was. This small little girl. 


And the third woman less and less came to visit. 
And I was so often sad about it, as she was fantastic. 

I have a child, I have a child that have other woman, and men as well, very close. 
I will try to have them in her life. I want to be able to call her "aunt and uncles" and be with them. 
I want all to be her family, as it was wonderful to have my three mothers. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment